Job Description / Responsibilities
Align Collaborate is seeking candidates for a Vice President (“VP”) position in its Dallas or Cleveland offices. Our Vice Presidents are involved in all aspects of the firm’s business, from evaluating and executing platform and add on investments to monitoring portfolio companies. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, sourcing new investments — you’ll be responsible for building relationships with independent sponsors, capital advisors, credit funds and professional service firms to help drive deal flow.
- New investment analysis, and leading the due diligence, underwriting and related financing processes — you’re the quarterback of the diligence process for Align Collaborate and will work alongside the independent sponsor in diligence in addition to managing the development of investment committee materials. You’ll also be heavily involved with working with independent sponsors to assist in debt placement to finance the deals you’re working on.
- Structuring and execution of new investments — you’ll be actively involved with negotiating, structuring investments and independent sponsor partnerships, and closing both new platform investments and add-on acquisitions in tandem with the independent sponsors.
- You’ll work with independent sponsors, ACP’s operating team members and portfolio companies on strategic and financial initiatives, including development, tracking, and management of KPIs and other key measurements.
- As a member of the Board of Directors, you’ll participate in your portfolio companies’ board meetings with significant interaction with senior management and outside board members.
- You’ll be heavily involved in the exit monetization processes (recaps, sale processes, etc.).
- Lead targeted industry and/or thematic investing pursuits.
Desired Skills and Experience
- An undergraduate business degree demonstrating academic proficiency. An MBA degree is additive but not required.
- 3+ years of private equity experience coupled with 2+ years in investment banking, strategy consulting, or transaction advisory services. We are also open to an individual with a credit background who has covered private equity and is used to quick turns on deals.
- A thorough understanding of accounting, corporate finance, corporate strategy, and business reporting.
- Mature and professional candidate with excellent work ethic and sound investment judgment.
- Analytical with a pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills — strong relationship-building skills with independent sponsors, senior team members, colleagues, and senior executives within portfolio companies and acquisition targets and a willingness to develop business.
- Experience with technology and tech-enabled investments is additive.
- Align Collaborate is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume and a brief note outlining your interest in the opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org. Align intends to begin interviews shortly.